Engage with fellow H-1B Ready to Work (RTW) grantees during the peer to peer chat, “Sharing Job Placement Promising Practices from the Information Technology (IT) Industry” on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 from 2-3 p.m.
This peer to peer chat will highlight the current state of IT jobs, how grantees can sell the benefits of their training program to potential employers, how grantees assess their job placement efforts, and strategies they can use to continue to connect with industry employers. Grantees will be asked to share their successes and challenges in the IT industry. After the chat grantees will receive a list of their promising practices compiled from the session.
In order to prepare for the peer to peer call, please leave your comments on the RTW Community of Practice Discussion Page, and answer the following discussion questions:
Please click the link below to submit your feedback prior to the call.
*Reminder: You must be logged into the RTW COP in order to leave a comment*
- What are some of the challenges you are facing?
- What strategies do you use to connect with industry employers (ex: schedule face to face meetings, attend workforce development events, direct mail, etc.?)
- How do you sell the benefits of your training program?
- When speaking to potential employers how you do demonstrate that your participants will add value to their bottom line-(ex. testimonials, resumes, marketing material, etc.?)
- Share three of your best strategies when reaching out to potential employers
- Welcome/Setting the Stage (5 mins)
- Presentation (10 minutes)
- Facilitated Discussion (40 minutes)
- Wrap-Up and Closing Remarks (5 mins)
Facilitator: Erika Humphrey, Lead Technical Assistance Coach, High Impact Partners
Access Information: H-1B Ready to Work grantees received the information to access the Peer to Peer call in an Outlook invitation. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive the information.